So Many Aircraft Publications
We are planning a series of publications for scale modelers and other aircraft enthusiasts. These publications have a heavy emphasis on photographs. We will mostly concentrate on subjects that are potentially interesting to modelers, but have not necessarily been extensively covered in detail before.
Available Now (on Amazon)
These are books we are actively working on.
- SMA vol 1: DC-3 (together with Jim Qualey); still being worked on, expected publication date - we hope - later in 2020
- SMA vol 3: Dauphin 2 in Medevac Service; this might actually get done before the DC-3 book
- SMA vol 4: de Havilland Tiger Moth (together with Mike Hirsch); we have access to some original de Havilland blueprints, as well as an actual Tiger Moth being restored
- SMA vol 5: Building Scale Models of Homebuilt Aircraft (Van's RV series, Bowers Fly-Baby, etc.)
We have some ideas for future publications. These may become books at some point. Focus is on providing material for scale modelers.
- Single-engined Cessnas (perhaps also Piper Cherokees and Beechcraft Bonanzas)
- Wiggins Airways
- Boeing 737 (especially Southwest Airlines)
- Stearman PT-17
This blog post discusses the topic selection a bit more.
How Can You Participate?
If you own the rights to interesting photographs that you think other modelers and aviation enthusiasts would enjoy, we would most definitely like to talk to you. Please contact us.